Cold Oven Pound Cake {with a hint of lemon}


Last week, my husband and I were watching Food Network and caught the latest Trisha Yearwood show. On the episode, she made cold oven pound cake. I had never heard of it, but I wanted to try the recipe. Those of you who have followed my blog for very long, know that I started by making cupcakes. I've moved on to cake, cookies, and other types of desserts, but I still have a love for mini cakes. I decided to make individual pound cakes using a new Pampered Chef brownie/cookie bar pan.

This pound cake is a great serving size. The pound cake has a great flavor, with just a hint of lemon. The cake is delicious when topped with whipped topping and some fruit. It's a light and tasty treat just for summer!

Cold Oven Pound cake {with a hint of lemon} ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup butter (softened)
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs (cold)
  • 1 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup milk (very cold)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp lemon extract
  • Optional toppings: whipped topping (I used fat free), berries, sugar
Cold Oven Pound cake {with a hint of lemon} directions:
  • Cream together butter and sugar
  • Mix in eggs, one at a time
  • Sift flour (if you don't have a sift, you can use a strainer
  • Add in flour and mix, alternating between the two (start and end with flour)
  • Mix in extracts
  • Beat on medium speed for around 2 mins
  • Spray pan thoroughly
  • Turn on oven to 275F and bake for one hour
  • Cool for 10 mins
  • Mix 1 cup of berries with 1 tbs sugar
  • Remove cakes from pan
  • Top cakes with whipped topping and berries
 

Hope you've enjoyed this delicious cake! Don't forget to link up to this week's Sweet Tooth Tuesdays blog link party. Follow my blog, or follow me on social media, to keep up with all my latest updates and posts.

Popular Posts