Mocha Brownies


Any coffee lovers out there? If so, you have to try today's java inspired twist on a typical brownie. The chocolate and coffee combination in these decadent brownies is wonderful! You may recall I once made a mocha coffee cream cupcake. To this day, it is still one of my husband's favorites! I think these brownies gave them a run for their money, though.

As with a growing number of my posts (fruit cookie cups, strawberry butter, tres leches cake), this amazing recipe comes from The Pioneer Woman! When she made these brownies on her TV show a couple weeks ago, I knew I had to try them out. Usually, I try to modify recipes and add my own twist. But with this one, I thought it sounded so good I made it exactly as is! I did, however, cut the amount in half to make a thinner brownie. You can find the original recipe here.

The brownie portion is just a typical chocolate flavor, but even tastier than any other brownie I've made! The icing is where the real mocha flavor comes in, it is packed with cocoa powder and strongly brewed coffee.

Mocha Brownie ingredients (1/2 original recipe):
Brownie
  • 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1//2 tsp vanilla
  • 5/8 cup all-purpose flour
Icing
  • 1/2 cup butter (softened)
  • 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/8 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup strongly brewed coffee, cooled (more to taste)

Mocha Brownie directions:
  • Preheat oven to 325F
  • Spray 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking spray
  • Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 sec intervals
  • Using the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together
  • Beat in eggs, one at a time
  • Drizzle in melted chocolate with the mixer running on low
  • Mix in vanilla extract
  • Beat in flour and mix just until combined
  • Pour the batter into pan
  • Bake for around 30-35 mins
While cooling, prepare the icing for the brownies! Make sure the brownies are completely cooled before icing them. For the icing, I used the whisk attachment.
  • Combine the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla
  • Mix until slightly combined
  • Beat in 1/2 cup coffee, you can add more to taste
  • Ice the brownies once cooled and enjoy!

Hope you've enjoyed this recipe. Make sure and link up your favorite recipe, DIY project, or craft tutorial to my Sweet Tooth Tuesday link party going on!

Make sure and follow my blog, or follow me on social media, to keep up with my latest posts. I've got some great summer recipes coming up, as well as some craft projects!

Popular Posts