American Flag Fruit Pizza


Happy 4th of July!

Hope you and your family had a safe and enjoyable 4th of July! My husband and I both had Friday off, so we started the festivities a little early. On Friday, we had a few friends over for a cookout. Our tiny grill got a workout as we made quite a few burgers and hot dogs. I also prepared some of the corn salsa I just shared and my favorite baked mac 'n cheese. For dessert, I created an American flag themed fruit pizza (shared below) and an amazingly delicious S'mores Dip (sharing next week)! All in all, I think our first cookout in our new home was a success. After having a small apartment for the past few years, it was nice to have a big enough space to entertain!


After the cookout, we played a few outdoor games and then enjoyed music and dazzling fireworks at our church.

Saturday was a bit more relaxed. We decided to grill out a second time as well as finish up the rest of our cookout leftovers. My husband cooked up the last few hot dogs, and I experimented with a new recipe for teriyaki veggies. Delicious! It's one of my favorite new savory recipes I've tried lately, I'll be sharing the recipe this week.


The weekend was filled with quality time with friends and delicious food - a wonderful celebration of our nation's birthday!

The fruit pizza I made for our cookout is similar to the fruit cookie cups I previously made, and based on a Pioneer Woman recipe. The sugar cookie crust is amazing with just a hint of orange. Our kitchen was filled with a delicious aroma of vanilla and orange zest...yum!

American Flag Fruit Pizza ingredients:

  • Sugar cookie crust -
    • 1 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
    • 1 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1 tsp orange zest
    • 1 tsp vanilla
    • 2 eggs
    • 8 tsp whole milk
    • 4 cups all-purpose flour
    • 3 tsp baking powder
    • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Cream cheese topping - 
    • 1 jar (13 oz) marshmallow creme
    • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries

American Flag Fruit Pizza instructions:
  • Cream butter, sugar, orange zest, and vanilla
  • Beat in both eggs until light and fluffy
  • Mix in milk
  • Sift the remaining dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, salt
  • Slowly add the dry ingredients into butter mixture
  • Mix until fully combined
  • Flatten between two sheets of wax paper
  • Refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze of 20 minutes
  • Flatten dough into cookie sheet, I used half of the dough in a small cookie sheet and saved the rest of the dough to make some cookies later!
  • Bake the dough 12-15 minutes
  • Cool completely
  • Whip the cream cheese and marshmallow creme together until smooth
  • Spread over the cookie crust
  • Decorate the top left corner with blueberries and then arrange slices of strawberries to make stripes
Enjoy!

Popular Posts