Teriyaki Veggie Skewers


Our house is pretty divided when it comes to vegetables. Potatoes and the occasional green bean are about the extent of my husband's vegetable intake. I, on the other hand, love a good veggie dish. Zucchini, carrots, peppers, onions, and even eggplant - all delicious in my book!

The last time we grilled out, we definitely had a his/hers cookout. While my husband made hot dogs (I'm not a fan...), I made these teriyaki marinated veggie skewers. The sauce is based on the Pioneer Woman's Skewers of Glory recipe, but I decided to try them on veggies.  The marinade uses teriyaki sauce, but kicks up the flavor with lemon, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. The marinade is slightly smokey, sweet, and has a bit of a spicy kick...well at least when you triple the red pepper flake amount... I love a spicy kick!

I smothered this amazing sauce on some of my favorite veggies - zucchini, onion, green pepper, and red pepper. I had a few red potatoes laying around and decided to try them out, but the pieces were a bit too big and didn't get cooked all the way through. I probably won't use them on the skewer again, but the other veggies were perfectly charred and had a nice crunch!

If you love veggies, you will definitely want to try this recipe. I will be making these skewers again at our next cookout!

Teriyaki Veggie Skewer ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 tbs ground ginger
  • 1 tbs sugar
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • Dash of kosher salt
  • 2 whole green onions
  • Your choice of veggies (zucchini, onion, green pepper, red pepper, mushroom, etc.)
Teriyaki Veggie Skewer instructions:
  • Mix together all marinade ingredients (teriyaki sauce, garlic, ginger, sugar, red pepper flakes, lemon, salt, green onion)
  • Cut veggies into small slices and pieces
  • Pour marinade in sealable bag and drop in veggies
  • Refrigerate marinade bag and let sit for 2-4 hours
  • Place veggies on a metal skewer
  • Place on grill and turn ever few minutes, cook for around 10 minutes total

Popular Posts