Mummy Meatballs


Halloween is not my favorite holiday, but I've gotten into a bit more this year. We finally live in a neighborhood where we should get trick-or-treaters! We are also participating in our church's trunk or treat with our small group. Our group is doing a zoo themed trunk and all dressing up like animals and zookeepers. Here is my $3 giraffe costume:


Even our cat is getting into Halloween...sort of. I'm not sure Elphie is too thrilled to be dressing up as Elsa from Frozen.


This week we had a small group meeting and I decided to get festive with Halloween snacks. I made my favorite pumpkin treats and some mummy meatballs! 

I have seen the meatballs all over Pinterest and Facebook lately. I added my own twist for the eyes, though. There were so many versions of the eyes out there from a simple dot of marinara sauce, to a more complex cheese and olive creation. I decided to use mozzarella cheese for the eyes with a small dab of marinara sauce.

The mummy meatballs are actually much simpler to make than it looks! The meatballs were a hit with our group and would be a perfect addition to any Halloween get together or party.


Mummy Meatball ingredients:
  • 20 frozen cooked Italian meatballs
  • 1 roll of crescent dough
  • 1 slice of mozzarella cheese
  • Marinara sauce
Mummy Meatball instructions:
  • Roll out crescent dough and lightly press in where the perforations are
  • Cut the dough horizontally and vertically in the middle to create 4 rectangles
  • Cut each rectangle horizontally into 10 strips
  • Wrap 2 strips around each meatball to look like bandages
  • Make sure there is space on the front to add eyes
  • Bake per directions on the meatball package, around 15 minutes
  • While baking, punch out small circles of mozzarella cheese using a small straw
  • Let meatballs cool a few mins once taking them out of the oven
  • Pour some marinara sauce in a resealable bag and snip off a small bit of the corner
  • Pipe a dab of marinara sauce and place the mozzarella "eyes" on the meatballs
  • Pipe another dab of marinara sauce on each eye
  • Serve with warm marinara sauce



Popular Posts